Friday, July 11, 2014

Maryland Olympic Du weekend


Race weekend is upon us.  The training has been done, the gear is in order and the diet is on point.  Now it is time to see if it all paid off with a 2 mile run, 26 mile bike and a 4 mile run to start the year off.  Hagerstown went well back in April and that was telling of a few things.  The training for that race was good but the nutrition wasn't where it should be.  I was about 15 pounds to heavy after coming off a winter that I did not watch what I was eating.  Now back down to the weight I started last year off with at Monticello, things should go a lot better.  A training partner of mine and I have looked at last years times and what we have done leading up to this race.  We could both do pretty well at this race and if we can push each other like we do in training that will only benefit us both.  

With Energybits on board for this race I am really excited to see how I do.  Since adding that to my nutrition my runs are showing progression with less fatigue as the run gets longer.  

It is finally time to kick things off for real and see how it all pans out!  Maryland Olympic Du in Woodbine, Md.  Sunday!!



No comments:

Post a Comment