Tuesday, March 12, 2013

With age comes the ache

So yesterday was the first actual nice day that we had in the Mid-Atlantic in a couple months.  So an hour long pace run was in store.  7.44 miles and 59 minutes later i felt great.  It was so nice to get outside again and really just let the body run with the wind and road.  A slower pace than I plan on maintaining for my race days but it wasn't the harshest pace that i could have kept so that made me feel good about it.  I kept it under 8 minutes a mile and was ok with that.  However....this morning it is definitely showing that I have not done a run like that in quite a while.  The small hills, dodging of road obstacles, and just going that far for the first time in a few months is being felt today.  I guess at 35 those things are to be expected.  I still came in this morning and conducted the morning exercise routine for my office and we did a practice physical fitness assessment.  I still managed to do a 10:04 mile and half.  I didn't think it was going to turn out that way but felt good once i got through the first half mile and got loosened up.

No comments:

Post a Comment