Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pushing through

With the winter weather not leaving I  found myself in a rut as far as training.  I would hit hard for a couple days then slide off again.  I havn't had that steady groove I had last spring going into the beginning of the season.  Yesterday I finally figured out why....

I got a good group workout in yesterday morning and almost slid right through lunch as hitting the treadmill just wasn't what I wanted to do.  Luckily I checked the temperature outside and it was just nice enough to go.out and go for a run.  Hit the old 3.5 mile loop I've always done and used as a basis for speed work.  Luckily my time had only tapered off a few seconds from the last time I had done it which was more likely caused by the terrain.

I have some new goals for this season and hope to really work on those in a serious way. A few less races with more of a focus on fun and doing races because I want to do them...not because they will be good for my season.  This year is all about building, not only myself but others....just wait and see!

No comments:

Post a Comment