Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Been Awhile

It has been some time now since I updated my blog and thought I should at least put a little something down.  With the "season" starting to ramp up next month the training has been going good.  I have focused a lot more in preparation for my races this year on the endurance aspect of things as opposed to the speed aspect of it.  Holding a steady pace in the swim and run for a longer period of time is going to be key for me to make good on the goals I have set for myself for my key races. 

A steady swim pace has me under 28:00 minutes for my 1500 meter and hopefully down to under 25:00 by the time September rolls around.  Working a fluid consistent pace for my run has brought down my 10k time considerably and that is where I will hopefully keep it going.  I would eventually like to have it under 40 minutes and I think I can do it as long as I keep focusing my training the way I am now. 

I am looking forward to representing USMES this year and many more to come.  The team even though scattered about the country is very supportive and takes care of those within very well.  In the short amount of time of being a member...it has already paid off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment