Saturday, June 28, 2014

Great Training Day with Energybits!

Went out on a great Run/Ride/Run with a training buddy of mine this morning.  We have Maryland Olympic Duathlon in two weeks so we went up and hit the course we will be racing.  Took it easy on the first two mile run to get warmed up.  Went out and did the first of two loops on the bike course at a nice 16 mph average to see the course and know what to expect.  Then we had the good idea to race the second loop and see what we could hold for a race pace.  Was happy with my 18.9 mph average for the loop.  It is a very fast course for the first half of the loop then some pretty decent hill work in the last half.  Then we finished up with another two mile easy run as a cool down.  We were going to do the whole four miles but brilliant me decided to try without socks.  The blisters I have now are thanking me.

I hit the energybits right before the workout began and then did the normal race nutrition I have worked on for the rest of the day.  I felt great coming off the bike and going for the final run.  I am really liking this new nutrition additive that I have found out about.  The product works!!!  No crash following extreme exercise either.  It is worth the price of admission.  Check it out.

Thank you energybits again for letting me on board a great team!



No comments:

Post a Comment