Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Just another swim

So this morning was distance swim (normal for wednesday).  I try and make sure I hit at least 1.5 miles.  Today I woke up early (when the alarm went off instead of the second snooze) so I had enough time to make it 2 miles.  What was enjoyable about the swim today was I was not done, I was out of time and had to get ready for work.  It is times like that when  you know the training is paying off.  Not when you set a personal best time on something or when you are so exhausted to make that little extra bit.  It's when you know you have plenty left in the tank to go even more but have to stop.  That is a good feeling.  

I am so ready for my "season" to kick off it isn't even funny.  Sorta biting at the bit here waiting to  see how well I can do this year.  If it goes anything like training some goals may start to change :).  That is an even better feeling.  Keep swimming, keep biking, keep running....at the end of the day its the athlete in all of us that wants to push it forward.


No comments:

Post a Comment