Thursday, February 7, 2013

So it does happen from time to time.  The workout "Skip".  This morning when I woke up I realized after a two mile swim yesterday morning and a 6.6 mile run at lunch that i needed a rest day.  I also realized that my running form was not where it should be and where I know it has been because my legs are very sore today.  While a 6 mile run isn't just a hop skip and a jump, it is however something I am used to and have done without hardly a sore muscle the next day.  Lots of heal landing and unbalanced form lead to it I believe.  Those are things that will need to be without a doubt eliminated when April roles around and the races begin.  

Still looking for that perfect Mid-Atlantic Half Marathon to run this July or August in preparation for the ultimate target in October...the Half Iron in North Carolina.  Can't wait to see all the hours on the pavement and in the water pay off in a few short months.

No comments:

Post a Comment