Wednesday, October 30, 2013

New and improved

Since the finish of my "season" I have slowed down a lot on my training and was taking it pretty easy.  This week kicked off the winter training.  I have decides to go back to what I was doing last winter to train.  My three best performances last year were my first three events I did.  I know after those event I was basically racing to train and that is where I went wrong.  Instead of doing things to improve I was just maintaining and as the year went on things slowly trickled off. 
So now with a refocus of what I want to accomplish next year and a new plan to truly improve my run....I'm ready to tackle the winter training season head on.  First event will be DC rock n roll full marathon in March.  After that it will be a smaller amount of races at longer distances.  2014 will get me my last two stickers...then 2015 will be the run for a legitimate shot at qualifying and performing well at nationals.

No comments:

Post a Comment