Friday, April 18, 2014

Training Cycle

My new training cycle starts May 1st.  This is will be the plan I use to go into the four events I have planned as my "season".  Hagerstown went well and allowed me to see that my winter run training paid off pretty well and is still going strong.  A new focus on nutrition, conditioning and pre/post workout needs has me really excited for this year but mostly Nation's.  Nation's Tri is a race I want back from last year as I was really upset with how I did there last year.  With new training comes needed things for that to happen. 
 
New training shoes are the first on the list.  Yes, your race day shoes are not the ones you put the pounding miles on from training.  My training shoes are more cushioned and longer lasting all around than the shoes that I race in.  The guys at Potomac River Running have always helped out with that.  They put so much effort into making sure that you are fitted correctly in a shoe that is going to be right for your stride and for what you are needing them for.   Like always I will head back to them (I always go to the Rockville location) for new running shoes and will continue to do so! 
 
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment