Monday, May 20, 2013

Columbia Tri 2013

So what to say about Columbia.  It lived up to the hype.  Great Swim which I managed to shave three minutes off my time from the last Olympic swim I did.  The bike was a little slower for me, which I expected.  The hills were big and steep.  Overall happy with the time I posted and knew it was going to be an uphill battle for the run, in more ways that one.  The run was  a monster.  Steep inclines and lots of them.  I did manage to keep my pace decent though I would have liked to see it lower, and it will get there.  :)  I went into the bike and run with a plan and stuck with it.  Attack hills!  Everyone has to slow down for the hills.  I am lucky enough that I can power up them better than most it seems.  So I did just that.  I would hit the hills hard and it paid off.  I managed to make up some ground there both on the bike and the run.  In the long run I knew what I was facing going into one of the biggest races on the east coast every year....a stacked field.  It was fun and great race.  I stayed in the top third of the age groupers (barely pulling 47th out of 141) but I will take it.  I just wanted to have fun and see what Columbia was all about....It lived up to the expectations it sets.  It also gives me the upper hand going into Celebrating Hero's Sprint on the same course in June!!

28 min  swim
1 hr 19 min bike
48 min run

2 hr 41 min total time

No comments:

Post a Comment