Thursday, May 30, 2013

Mixed it up

Yesterday I started swimming at lunch and hitting the bike and run in the morning because of the wonderful mid-atlantic heat we are starting to get.  What a difference it made.  I was 50 laps into a 70 lap swim when my calf cramped up so had I had to quit.  I realized two things.  1...I swim way better after being awake for a few hours and have some calories in me and 2...if I am going to keep this up I will have to be content with one cup of coffee and maintaining better hydration!

So we started the day off with a good 2.5 mile run around base in a pretty decent time for the small hills that are here.  They are short but steep.  Made sure I hit the pool for lunch and did a nice 1500 yard swim working on speed then alternate strokes to tweak the muscles into action.

All and all... a decent workout day.

No comments:

Post a Comment