Thursday, August 1, 2013

PR - brightens any day

This week has been a little bit stressful with work.  As the days go o. The less stressful it gets so hopefully by today it will just roll nice and smooth.  On a bright note from yesterday I set a new 2 mile PR on my run at lunxh with 14:34 over 2.1 miles.  Getting that pace under 7 min is getting close.  I was wondering how hard I needed to push in the real world as opposed to the treadmill where keeping under 7 is easy to control.  I think I found it.  Pushed harder than normal up the hills.  Really let my body go on the downhills and just let gravity do its job and then on the flats I just kept my legs moving with good long strides.  I could have gone farther and might try doing 4 miles today and see how close I get to the same pace.  Not sure I could hold it much longer than that but it isn't far away! 

P.S.  vacation starts tomorrow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment