Sunday, July 7, 2013

General Smallwood report

So General Smallwood was interesting.  It was easy to tell the it was going to.be warm and muggy out.  However when the water temp is the 85 region...you know the weather is up there.  The swim started good and I felt better about it than any swim yet this year...so for a 32 minute swim time I was kind of shocked.  Oh well.  T-1 was good.  3 minutes and change but it was a pretty long run to transition from the water and I was quick in getting on the bike so it seems to be about par.  The bike was real good.  Very Rolling course and I utilized it well pulling a 1:13 minute 40k bike.  Now to the run.  A two loop route that had some hills...long hills...they never ended it seemed.  I passed the finish line on the first lap at 22:40 and was thinking finally I was gonna get my 10 k under 45 minutes.  Not the case.  The second lap of those hills did me in and with the heat I gassed out pulling a 31 minute second 5k.  Cramped tired and drained I finished in 2 hours and 44 minutes and 9th out of 14 in my age group.  Was a rough day.  I'm glad I have two months off until nation's tri in dc.  Time to refocus...regroup...and reconfigure my training.  Thanks for the gut check Smallwood...I will take the course back in October on the Waterman's Half Ironman!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment