Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Nutrition is a must when the heat goes up

Yesterday I went to a great trail for a good run and gassed out way earlier than I planned on.  There are a lot of dangers running in the days of 90+ temperatures.  Sun exposure and dehydration being the the top two up there.  Yesterday I learned the hard way.  I needed to have more water in my system to be out there running in that.  It didn't help that the trail I was running, while a gorgeous run, was surrounded by trees on the side and open on the top.  Total sun exposure and absolutely no wind flow helped lead to the run being cut short.  A lot of times I would have just pushed through it.  Had there been more shade cover on the trail I might have.  But with that sun beating down I decided it was best to call it a day and wait for another chance on the long run.  Today I took the morning off from working out to let some muscles rest and plan on heading to the beach to run today.  I am hoping the windy conditions will make for a little bit cooler run because the temperatures are not going to fall any today.  Whether you are training for a marathon, Half-Ironman, or a 5k, be safe in your goal achievement.  KEEP TRI-ING!

No comments:

Post a Comment