Friday, June 21, 2013

A goal met

So I was checking my email while waiting for the train this morning.  I saw a no reply email from USA Triathlon and figured it was the weekly here are your tips to thrive off of and events we have going on email. I then started reading it and it said....

Congratulations Evan Zilliox. You have qualified for the Olympic-Distance race at the 2013 USA Triathlon Age Group National Championships on August 10 in Milwaukee, Wis., after finishing in the top 10 percent in your age group at the The Westfields Sprint Triathlon

I was sorta shocked and kinda in awe of it.  To say I didn't plan on qualifying for nationals my first true year doing triathlons would be an understatement.  Not really planning on being able to go but at least with this I know I can do it if I set myself to it.  Next year I will definitely be trying to repeat this and maybe plan on going up there and see how I can do against a field of the best in the nation!

No comments:

Post a Comment