Friday, June 28, 2013

Smallwood approaching

A week away from my last race for two months.  Gonna try and hit General Smallwood really good next Saturday. 
I know the bike and run are a lot flatter than my first few races so that is a confidence booster.  On top of that, it is a smaller race with less entrants than a big name race like Columbia.  The training is in there and the times are good.  I am just hoping I can put them all together for a good race.  I felt good last week about hero's and still came in 8th.  I'm not upset about that but was really hoping to get to the podium again.  If it happens, great...if not just make sure I give 110%.  I plan to take a couple months off to focus on life in general.  Spend some extra time with family and just unwind as September and October are going to be busy ones. 

September 8th - Nation's triathlon
September 15th - Philly half marathon

October 6th - Half/Full triathlon (olympic)
October 12th - Waterman's Half Ironman!

Those two months off are also to prepare specifically for those four races.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment