Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The long run

It's like my body knows when 6.2 miles has hit.  I've trained for that distance for so long that once I hit that point my body takes a plunge.  Almost to the point it feels like it shuts down.  I was running in heavy rain yesterday so I can blame it on that...or I didn't get in good nutrition for the morning either so we can go that route.  Both of those excuses are just that though I feel...excuses.  I have to start going back and retraining my mind and body for 13.1 and eventually 26.2.  Not only for ironman distances but also because next year I plan on adding a lot more long runs to the schedule.  I want to focus on about 6 good triathlons for next year and 6 good half and full marathons.  It's all going to start next march with the DC marathon.  So I guess for the thought today...break it down and build it back up!

No comments:

Post a Comment