Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Mid-Atlantic Heat

So I remember why when I was doing 2-aday training that I changed it up to swimming at lunch.  Holy cow it was hot out today.  Ran a 5k out from work then did a nice 5k training run on the way back (sprint work and station work  along the trail).  I hit the pool yesterday and did a nice 2500 yards of random work with hand paddles and lots of kick work.  The hand paddles are going to work out nicely I think.  I was never a fan before but now that I know a proper form for swimming they seem to really help focus on turning and rotating in the water.  Not to mention build up that endurance.  Holy cow they will tire your arms out in a hurry if you use them correctly.  I think tomorrow is going to be another swim lunch :).  2-adays again next week up till Wednesday then will slow it down again as I have General Smallwood Olympic on Saturday.  Be a fun way to spend a couple hours of a long holiday weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment