Thursday, June 20, 2013

Last Brick till race day

So with Hero's this weekend I wanted to get one last brick workout in for the week.  Did a nice Row/Run in the gym with 15 min on each.  Focused on going all out for both since it was short.  I got to workout with an old team in training alum so that is always a good thing.  It's nice when you have someone to swap ideas with and just interact with when  you work out.  Tomorrow we will go out for a light jog and focus on hitting some hills for a couple miles but nothing to serious.  Then Saturday its wake up and get prestaged.  I wonder what goodies will come with this one.  Columbia had some cool swag so hopefully this one is the same.  With the odd distances on this one (.6 mile swim/16 mile bike/3.4 mile run) its hard to gauge a target time.  All I know is with a shortish swim as such I can push a little harder than I would at .9 mile distance and with half the run of an olympic I am going to really push myself there.  It's just pain. :)  Will post some more as it gets closer to the race and definitely post race results.

P.S.  check out the sweet fathers day gift from the wife and kiddo

No comments:

Post a Comment