Monday, June 24, 2013

Celebrating Hero's Update

Sunday was one that I really enjoyed! The race went about as well as I planned for.  I decent swim...middle of the pack which is where I like to stay.  A decent bike which I was happy with since it was the first race since changing the whole system around.  I definitely felt a lot better with the new areo set up.  I pushed harder on the run than I have in the past and it paid off.  Overall I finished 8th in my age group and I can be happy with that.  At the time when I checked the results on site before  leaving they had me 8th out of 48 in the 35-39 age group.  I know I passed two in my age group on the run and with the way I was riding I am not sure how many I passed on the bike.  It was a good race to gauge if the training has been paying off and I would say it has.  I have been focusing more on my run lately and realizing it isn't the ability to do it holding me back but the mental aspect of knowing I can go harder.

The results are not working from Tri Columbia right now so I can only go off what my watch says.  T2 was messed up as I forgot to hit it getting off the bike but that isnt a big worry.  It was  a good transition.  So the times were as follows.

Swim; 20:33
T1: 2:09
Bike: 48:41 (about 47 due to forgetting to stop it for T2)
T2: :23 (not quite, more like 1:30)
Run 25:48

For an overall of approx 1:37:36.
When the official results are released I will repost if they are that off but I think that is about the right amounts of times for the most part.


No comments:

Post a Comment